Simple. Easy. Rustic.
Glad to see the countless hours I’ve spent watching Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares on Netflix has not been a complete waste. It was almost shocking (and funny) how repetitive Gordon’s advice was and how every restauranter would refuse to accept his advice and the cold hard truth; their business plan is failing.
Start with great ingredients (local preferable). Keep it simple. Keep it fresh. Keep it rustic.
With a tiny Gordon screaming continuous cuss words in the back of my mind, I set of to try and see if I can take his words to heart and improve upon my creation of dishes.
Jamaican Jerk Sandwich
- 1 Chicken breast.
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper (Mix preferable)
- 1 Kaiser bun
- 1 dollup of garlic & cucumber tzatziki – I enjoyed and used Summer Fresh’s Tzatziki
- Jamaican Jerk Sauce – I prefer either President’s Choice Memories of Montego Bay (SPICY) or Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce
- Marinate the chicken breast and large wedges of peppers in the jerk sauce.
- BBQ the pepper wedges (they should have a nice char) and the chicken.
- Toast the kaiser bun.
- Place the breast in the bun, topped with some pepper wedges.
- Place a heaping dollup of tzatziki on it.
- Enjoy. Preferably with a beer.
Shit. I’m hungry now.